Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Misguided Activism of Margo Arnold

While we applaud teenagers that get active in the community as opposed to sitting around the house, watching MTV and staring at their belly button rings, we feel to refrain from criticizing young adults whom we disagree, is to patronize them. Therefore we must comment on Calabasas resident Margo Arnold and her one person crusade to make it safe to breathe in Calabasas.

We debated whether to take on Arnold's position, as we are quite impressed with her and know her to be a thoughtful, intelligent young woman.

That being said, she is fair game, as she is an adult and she has influenced law that was based on her whims.

According to Arnold, "School had just gotten out and it was summer and I had been going to The Commons to get lunch or I would go in the morning and eat breakfast," Arnold said. "It got really annoying that I'd sit down outside and because it was warm and beautiful out there and there would be so much smoke around me. I get headaches when there's too much smoking around me."

So even though she is adorable, we have to say we are struck by how thoroughly narccistic her position is. Because one is annoyed, all must change?

How often we have been annoyed by so many things in our little burg of Calabasas, from soccer moms speeding through roundabouts to being subject to showing an ID every time we enter Hidden Hills . We are annoyed by the speed "humps", the $50,000 cars parked in the Calabasasa High parking lot, and now the ban of smoking.

While kids in Calabasas are being lured by internet predators and are overdosing on cocaine in their bedrooms, it's of no comfort to know they were at least safe from the dangers of second hand smoke.

So we say to our fabulous Ms. Arnold,"you go girl!" But please find an issue of merit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I'll immediately snatch your rss feed as I can't find your e-mail
subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly let me recognise so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

my webpage; glutenfreie DiƤt